If you are a devoted furniture restorer, Hitachi N3804AB3 will be the right tool for you. It can tackle other projects without many issued. However, furniture restoration is the primary field for this tool. It is a tool that can be handled by both beginners and professionals. Professionals love this model because it is very precise and has a powerful piercing while beginners love it because it is easy to use.
Hitachi N3804AB3 is a pneumatic tool and therefore it needs an air compressor for it to function. The modern technology of this tool does not require an extensive air compressor. However, if you do not have an air compressor, you can buy an affordable one that can deliver up to 120 PSI.
This pneumatic staple gun uses 18 gauge narrow crown staples and accepts staple lengths ranging from ½ inches to 1-1/2 inches. It does not leave notable marks making it a great tool. You can use it for tacking. It comes with a no-mar tip installed that helps to protect the work surface from marring.
- It measures 14.7 by 11.8 by 3.4 inches
- It weighs 2.3 pounds
- It requires 18 gauge staples (accepts staple lengths ranging from ½ inches to 1-1/2 inches)
- It has a depth adjustment
- It has an adjustable exhaust port
- It has a no-mar tip
It has an ergonomic rubberized handle that helps to ensure that you get a firm grip and stability. Stability is key because it ensures that there is safety when handling the tool. In other words, an unstable tool can be dangerous if you are not aware of how to use it.
It weighs 2.3 pounds, making it an ideal model for you to tackle any project. The trigger is not as sensitive as one would expect and thus you will not have to worry about misfires or accidental trigger squeezing. It has a very firm and stiff trigger.
It is not a rare feature but it is an important feature for DIY enthusiasts. It enables you to fine-tune your desired depth and keep it that way as long as you want. Once you require changing the penetration depth, all that you need to do is push a button. You do not need to unscrew the base and hassle with different tools. It has a tool-free feature that allows you to make adjustments fast.
Ergonomically Designed Flip Actuation Switch
All you need to do is move the switch from bump fire mode to sequential fire mode. Bump fire mode means, you need to hold the trigger and the stapler will drive a staple once the nose touches the surface that you are working on. Sequential fire mode means that the trigger must be depressed each time for more deliberate placement and a slower pace of work. Whatever mode you wish to use, it is quick to switch as per the requirements of your application.
Adjustable Exhaust Port
Pneumatic tools are known to have air leaks. It is a normal occurrence but the majority of staplers do not have the mechanisms to fight against such nuisances. It leads to a lack of power that causes a loss of penetration.
However, the Hitachi N3804AB3 has an integrated 360-degrees exhaust port that allows you to fine-tune the valve and create a vacuum to block leakage of air. It is important to find the right intensity that will help to improve the overall efficiency and performance of the stapler.
Related: Best Pneumatic Staple Guns Reviews
- Easy to use: People are reluctant to invest in pneumatic tools because of their complexity. However, you do not have to worry when using this tool because it is simple to use. Just read the user manual, connect it to a source of power, and you are ready to start working on your projects.
- It has a 360-degrees exhaust port: This may be considered redundant and irrelevant but a devoted professional knows that it is a useful feature. This is mainly because it prevents leakage of air.
- Comes with a warranty: It has a 5-year warranty from the manufacturers
- Frequent jamming: It is a well-known brand with a few disadvantages. It lacks an anti-jam mechanism and the unjamming process is quite stressful. The spring which is responsible for pushing the nails malfunctions often.
- Pricey: Considering that it does not an anti-jam mechanism, the pricing of this model seems unreasonable.
General Use Impressions
Most opinions and reviews regarding the Hitachi N3804AB3 are positive. There are some negative reviews but every good product is expected to have minor disadvantages. Many individuals who have used this tool before say it is not bad, but far from impressive, mainly because of the lack of an anti-jam mechanism.
If you have a massive project, we do not recommend this tool. Hitachi N380AB3 will get the job done but you may have a hard time when dealing with larger tasks. It is a good tool for occasional repairs but it is not recommended for day-to-day use.
The tool is simple, lightweight has an ergonomic design, and is affordable. These elements are the most crucial things you should consider when you want to purchase a staple gun. Therefore, we recommend it since it is a worthy investment.
Leave a Reply