Choosing the right staple gun for wood for all light and heavy-duty projects can be quite tasking. You need to have a clear understanding as to which staple gun will help you achieve the desired results. This could be in terms of driving the staples to a suitable depth, fitting the staples with the right precision, or even at the fastest speed. Such are the main things that you will need to look at before purchasing your staple gun for wood from a local store or from an e-commerce site.
This review is packed with information about staple guns for wood that you will find particularly helpful during the purchase and use of your device. Read through to obtain valuable information that will help you select the best staple gun for wood there is in the market.
|Product Image||Product Name||Power Source||Price|
|Numax SFR2190||Air-powered||Check Price|
|Porter Cable MS200||Air-powered||Check Price|
|Senco SNS4116||Air-powered||Check Price|
|Hitachi N5008AC2||Air-powered||Check Price|
|Porta-Nailer 461||Air-powered||Check Price|
|Makita XTS01Z||Battery-powered||Check Price|
|BOSTITCH 651S5||Air-powered||Check Price|
|Surebonder 9600B||Air-powered||Check Price|
|Stanley TR150HL||Manual||Check Price|
|Bostitch MIIIFS||Air-powered||Check Price|
What is a staple gun?
A staple gun is simply a hand-held device that you can rely on to drive the very heavy metal staples into surfaces that are made of wood or plastic, and stone in other circumstances. The versatility of staple guns makes them find their application in a wide range of activities. Most people find them particularly useful for:
- Fitting insulation materials
- Fixing house wraps
- Fitting some roofing material
- Fixing and fitting carpets.
- DIY and craft projects
There are no doubts about the usefulness and necessity of staple guns. They are best suited to help you achieve the activities listed above.
The Best Staple Guns for Wood in 2020
The Numax SFR2190 is definitely a perfect staple gun for heavy-duty woodwork projects. It presents the versatility and power that you can bank on to get the work done on some of the hardest wood surfaces that are available. The quality of the materials used to make this staple gun makes it quite durable so that you will not have to shop for another one in the near future. If you are worried about the durability of this product due to the nature of work that you do, you should quit worrying since this staple gun comes with a warranty.
NuMax, the manufacturer of this staple gun, is doing a great job at presenting a tough and dependable device, that can be relied on not only for your woodworking projects but also for flooring, roofing, and framing. If you usually deal with construction and renovation work, then this staple gun should be your companion.
- It has a 360° adjustable air exhaust
- Weighs 8.6 pounds
- Has a magnesium construction that makes it light and durable.
- Has depth adjust
- Has a no-mar tip that protects your surface from dents and dings.
- Has no-slip teeth
- Presents you with an ergonomic grip
- It has an interchangeable trigger
- Anti-dry fire
This staple gun is PORTER-CABLE’s hallmark of expertise in the manufacture of staple guns. With it, you can easily drive crown staples that are 1 to 2 inches long into the wood. With the quick-release nosepiece, you will have an easy time with jam removal when using this staple gun.
This staple gun is designed to accommodate either:
- Two 70 staple strips, or
- Three 50-staple strips
This makes it a good choice for heavy-duty woodwork projects since you do not have to keep on changing the staples quite often as you proceed with your work.
- It has a tool-free adjustable exhaust diffuser
- Has a powerful piston
- Has an open top-load magazine
- Weighs at most 8lbs
- Has a quick-release nose-piece
The Senco SNS4116 staple gun is a perfect choice for construction workers. It is designed to give them a very easy grip that is meant to reduce vibration fatigue. This way, one can drive as many staples as they want to without having to take unnecessary breaks that would otherwise result from fatigue. On top of the comfort grip, this staple gun has a 360-degree adjustable exhaust, which is meant to deliver the utmost comfort to its users. The Senco SNS4116 is, therefore, a winner if comfort is what you are looking for.
You will find this staple gun quite effective for all your lightweight and compact construction projects. This means that you can, not only use it for your woodwork projects, but you can also use it for projects such as:
- Floor sheathing
- Roof Deck
- Weighs 4.6 pounds
- It is air-powered
- Has a one-year warranty
- Offers multi-directional stitching
Metabo HPT is the manufacturing company behind this staple gun. Its excellence has been displayed in the delivery of the Hitachi N5008AC2 staple gun that has a high-capacity magazine that holds up to 157 staples. You can, therefore, use this staple gun for long without having to replace the staples. Durability is something that Metabo HPT addressed with this staple gun, by giving it a self-cleaning cylinder valve that prevents the build-up of grease and grime.
With this staple gun, you can drive crown staples into the wood for a depth of 1 to 2 inches deep. This is a good depth for most woodworking projects. Considering that it also has an open magazine design that lets one to quickly check the number of staples remaining, you can rely on it to complete any type of heavy-duty project.
- Has a high capacity staples magazine
- Uses cylinder valve driving mechanism,
- Has a quick clear nose
- Only 4.4 lbs in weight
The Porta-Nailer 461 is all about versatility. It can, due to this be used for hardwood flooring. It comes with a flooring shoe as well as a conventional nose, that all woodworkers would find quite useful. This staple gun is well known for driving staples at 45-degree angles, which is something that ensures that they hold on to the wood surface for as long as possible. Not forgetting that this staple gun is lightweight in nature, and is therefore easy to handle.
The Porta-Nailer has come as a favorite for tongue and groove flooring, thus comes with a flooring shoe as well as a conventional nose. These two features help you achieve your tasks as quickly as possible.
- Galvanized Staples
- Can easily convert to a conventional stapler
- Weighs 3.6 pounds
- It is air-powered
As much as most staple guns for wood will present you with the much-needed versatility for a wide variety of projects, there are several considerations that you need to make before purchasing any.
Here are some of the most outstanding things to consider:
1. Why you need the staple gun
Considering this factor will, on its own, help you narrow down to the most suitable staple gun for your woodwork projects. As already highlighted above, manual staple guns are excellent for tasks that require precision. Electric staple guns can be used to drive very many staples within a short period. Pneumatic staple guns can, on the other hand, be used for heavy-duty tasks. You can, therefore, choose the type of staple gun based on the objective that you want to achieve since they are all suited for very unique tasks.
2. Your budget
You may have to settle on a certain type of staple gun based on the amount of money that you are willing to spend. Manual staple guns are the cheapest ones, but you will have to spend some extra bucks to purchase electric ones and pneumatic ones. Electric staple guns are the most expensive ones in the market.
Most of the staple guns will fall under the following price categories:
- Manual staple guns- $10 -$20
- Pneumatic staple guns- $25- $40
- Electric staple guns-as high as $350
As much as most staple guns are quite durable, you might need to inquire about a manufacturer’s warranty, more so if you use the staple gun very often, and for heavy-duty projects.
Most staple gun manufacturers have well-defined user guides in the form of videos in the e-commerce sites that they sell their products. Such videos have more articulate and visual instructions on how to use staple guns. You can, however, follow the instructions below to get started with any staple gun:
Manual staple gun for wood
- Start by locating the pusher rod which lies at the back of your staple gun
- Push in on that rod, then pull it out.
- Load the staples with the legs facing down over the guide rails.
- Insert the pusher. It should lock into place naturally.
- Test the staple gun on a surface such as paper or wood.
- Use it on the intended surface if it is working properly.
Electric staple gun for wood
- Start by unplugging the staple gun from the power source.
- You should then lock the trigger right before loading it.
- Locate the magazine release buttons that lie at the back of the staple gun
- Squeeze the buttons and then pull the staple tray out.
- Place the staples facing upside-down in the electric staple gun’s magazine.
- You can use the marking on your staple gun’s magazine release if you want to load brad nails.
- Slide that magazine back into its chamber. It should snap into place.
Pneumatic staple gun for wood
- Start by turning off the compressor then detach the staple gun
- You should then push the lever at the staple gun’s front part to disconnect it with the follower.
- Lay several staples over the magazine rail. The legs should face down.
- Let go of the lever at the front of the pneumatic staple gun. This should move the follower into the right place.
- Test the staple gun on a piece of wood or paper.
Advantages of Staple Guns for wood
Wood staple guns, like many mechanical devices, have unique benefits that lead to their users opting to actually purchase them instead of calling in professionals.
Some of the main pros of wood staple guns include:
1. Making work easier – Wood staple guns make it possible for you to carry out a variety of projects quite easily. Some DIY projects would have otherwise been quite difficult to complete if wood staple guns were not available.
2. Saving on time– With an electric wood staple gun, for instance, you can complete your projects woodwork projects within a very short time.
3. Cost-effectiveness– A wood staple gun nullifies the need to hire a professional to carry out certain tasks. Most DIY projects would take a lot of time and money to complete, but with a simple wood staple gun, one can make magnificent products.
And there you have it- a comprehensive explanation about staple guns for wood, the various types you can find in the market, a user guide, and a buyer guide for all new users. If you are a person who does many DIY projects, then having a wood staple gun is a prudent investment. You will benefit from the way they make work easier for you, save your time, and save on significant costs. Check out the best wood gun staples I have presented above and get yours today!